Monday 3 November 2008

Timber teasers at Board Shorts film event


To all of you moving image enthusiasts. There is an exciting surf movie screening event, taking place at the Sandsifter (a cocktail lounge bar, which is rather popular with beach going folk), near Gwithian in Hayle, this Saturday the 8th of November.
Rumour has it that there will be some hard-core ply action (a short film and a slide show) featuring amongst the eclectic blend of entertainment on offer; which also includes music from the Dodge Brothers (skiffle band) and some lovely Disc jockey types (Sir Vinyl of the Fattest).
There is limited seating for those of you who might have weary legs, but if you get there early, you stand a good chance of sitting comfortably throughout.
Doors Open at 7pm, Tickets can be purchased on the night, or in advance direct from the Sandsifter (www.sandsifter.eu) or The Princess Pavilion Box Office (01326) 211222 (www.cornwallfilmfestival.com).
I hope to see you there, no doubt you will see me, as I am hosting the evening, I hope to make it a most enjoyable affair.
Christiaan.

3 comments:

Eef said...

Hello Christiaan,

can't make it :( but is there any chance it's going to be shown (the ply action) on this blog as well?

greetings,

Eef
monsterboards.org

bellyboarduk said...

Sorry Guys , looks like i wont make it , I have been invited to an evening of parlour entertainment with an electronic Acker Bilk tribute band , Hot Chip .. I may even imbibe some exotic victuals !
Have Fun xx
John

bellyboarduk said...

I will do what I can ref the films that are shown. Hopefully I will be posting the ply film, by the end of the month.
Christiaan